Friday, August 24, 2007

R. Stevie Moore


Sorry for the long radio silence. I have been lost in baby world... and I'm not leaving either.

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of traveling with Brian McMullen, Managing Editor at Bomb Magazine, out to Montclair, NJ, to photograph R. Stevie Moore in his apartment studio. R. Stevie is a do-it-yourself music producing wonder. He has never had a recording contract with any record label. And yet, he has written, recorded, performed, produced and distributed over 400 complete albums. As Brian put it, that is four albums for every one of the 101 dalmations. It's hard to comprehend.

I Like To Stay Home
Human Race
Another Day Slips Away

R. Stevie, it was a pleasure to meet you. Someday I want to make one of your videos.

Addendum: read the BOMB interview here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whoa. I jjjjust discovered your blog, Aric. Neat.